Missing teeth can crush your self-esteem, especially if you’ve lost a front tooth. Gaps in your smile aren’t the only factors to affect your confidence. Tooth loss can change the shape of your face, making you look years older than your true age. You don’t have to live with the changes to your appearance or quality of life. Dental implants can turn back the clock to restore your confidence and improve your oral health. Here’s why over 500,000 people every year are choosing dental implants to replace their missing teeth.
Missing Teeth Cause the Jaw to Shrink
When you lose a tooth, the underlying bone is no longer being stimulated by the root and it will slowly deteriorate. You can lose up to 25% of your jaw’s density within the first year of missing a tooth. You’ll continue to lose more bone as time passes, which will cause your facial shape to change, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
An aged appearance isn’t the only complication of bone loss. Any remaining natural teeth won’t have sufficient support. Over time, they can loosen and fall out.
Only Dental Implants Stop Bone Loss
Traditional bridges and dentures are effective in treating missing teeth, but they only replace the portions above the gum line. Therefore, they cannot stop bone loss. Only a dental implant can because it replicates both the root and the crown.
A titanium post is surgically placed into your jaw to serve as a root. It will stimulate new bone growth to keep your jaw strong and healthy. Your bone will fuse to the post through a process called osseointegration, allowing it to potentially stay in place forever.
You’ll also benefit from unmatched support and stability for your restoration, which is attached using an abundant. Your restoration will be made of high-quality materials to blend in with your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Replacing your missing teeth can take 10 years off your appearance, but a youthful look isn’t the only benefit. Dental implants provide the most predictable results and a few other advantages, like:
- Look and Feel Natural: The implant post is hidden below the gum tissue while supporting your customized restoration. Only a trained dental professional will know it’s not a real tooth. Not to mention, your implant will have the support of your jawbone, restoring 70% of your natural biting force to enjoy your favorite foods.
- Improves Oral Health: A healthy jaw prevents common issues caused by missing teeth, like cavities, gum disease, and tooth loss. With your oral and general health closely connected, you’ll invest in a healthy mouth and body.
- High Success Rate: Dental implants have over a 95% rate.
- Long Lifespan: A dental implant can last for 30 years or longer with the right aftercare, like brushing and flossing.
- Cost-Effective Solution: Dental implants never need to be replaced, so they can eventually pay for themselves because you won’t have to budget for new ones every few years, like with traditional Bridges and dentures.
Dental implants are not an expense. They are an investment in yourself and your quality of life.
About Dr. Rodger Song
Dr. Song earned his dental degree at the Baylor College of Dentistry and has continued his education in cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and oral surgery. If you’re ready to replace your missing teeth, request an appointment through our website or call (972) 945-7587.