Losing one or more teeth can really make your self-confidence take a hit. Luckily, with a 95% success rate, dental implants are a durable, reliable, and lifelike way to replace missing teeth and regain most of your bite power. Even with all the benefits they offer, some people may find themselves feeling apprehensive about committing to treatment. What if they feel weird in your mouth? Read on to learn what dental implants feel like in your mouth and how they can benefit your oral and overall health.
How Dental Implants Feel
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are inserted into the jawbone where they bond with it through a process called osseointegration. Once they’ve healed, this makes them as stable and permanent as your natural teeth. Just like with any other surgical procedure, getting dental implants can cause some mild discomfort. You may also experience new, strange sensations while eating since your mouth isn’t used to them yet. After a week or two, your dental implants will feel as normal and comfortable as your natural teeth. Even so, they won’t be completely healed and bonded with your teeth for four to six months.
5 Benefits of Dental Implants
Once you’ve gotten used to your dental implants and the initial discomfort has subsided, you’ll be able to fully appreciate the range of benefits they offer, including:
- A long-lasting solution to missing teeth – Since they fuse with the bone in the jaw, they can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Comfort and stability – Dental implants are much more stable and comfortable than traditional tooth replacement options like dentures since they don’t slip around in your mouth.
- Realistic results – They blend in seamlessly with the rest of your smile. This makes them look realistic and difficult to differentiate from your natural teeth by the untrained eye.
- Improved chewing – With dental implants, you can regain at least 80% of your bite power. This will allow you to eat almost anything you want without issue.
- A more confident smile – Dentures are notorious for slipping around in the mouth when wearers speak or eat. This problem is a thing of the past with dental implants! They allow you to smile, eat, and speak with confidence.
Now that you know more about what to expect from dental implants, are you ready to move forward with treatment? If so, reach out to your dentist to set up a consultation, and you’ll soon be on your way to the smile of your dreams!
About the Practice
If you’re looking for exceptional dental care for the whole family in Flower Mound, look no further than Dr. Rodger Song and his talented team at Bridlewood Dental. They treat patients of all ages with the care they deserve and take pride in beautifying their city one smile at a time. They offer tooth replacement options like dental implants and can answer any questions you have about how they feel or what to expect. For questions about their tooth replacement options or to set up an appointment, call Bridlewood Dental at (972) 906-9797 or visit their website today.